The Pursuit of Enhancement Podcast Episode 24
Welcome to Episode 24 of The Pursuit of Enhancement Podcast.
My name is Peter Ledwidge and I am your host.
Each week I sit down to talk in-depth with guests that push the boundaries of conventional living, driven by the singular pursuit of being on an unrelenting quest to continually expand the horizons of their body, mind and spirit.
The aim is to learn more about them and from them; their story, the work they are doing, the highs, the lows, the triumphs, the heartaches and everything in between.
The hope is that these conversations might spark something within you that gives you cause for self-reflection, inspires you to embark on your own journey of self-discovery or gives you the courage to take a chance and go after your goals.
This week is part 2 of my conversation with Fin McKenna-Fox, Movement Therapist & founder of Complete Body Approach; a Movement Therapy & Lifestyle Coaching practice in Perth, WA.
If you missed part 1 you can check out the details here.
Last week was a look at Fin’s personal and professional journey that brought him to where he is today.
This week on the podcast we talk about
- stripping back, living within your means, looking at what’s important to you, the value that you are putting on your life and the interactions you want to have.
- Reconnecting with nature while still have a foot in the present, a view to the future, but taking cues from our past and not losing touch with simple notions to keep us grounded.
- Rising levels of anxiety and depression, how to find balance from it
- I ask Fin specific questions relating to movement and in particular relating to running
- In relation to movement Fin explains classical vs romantic approaches to movement, incorporating a play element, exploration, getting fun out your training rather than just adhering black and white to a program
- Transitioning to zero drop shoes from more conventional shoes with a high heel toe drop
- How something so simple as earthing and grounding can have such a profound impact on our health and inflammation markers, which are a key contributor to many ailments.
- Healthy day to day habits to find the balance between modern life but letting it become all consuming, getting back with earth and simple factors or life
- The power of whole food and how we can heal ourselves by our diet and lifestyle choices.
Above all this is a conversation about being happy in the skin that your in, being content with yourself, finding the power to be able to trust yourself, your gut feelings and your intuition, we shouldn’t have to do things just because it’s the norm or what’s expected, we should do things that’s in tune with ourselves and the more we can do that the better off we might be.
Connect with Fin
Website coming soon!
End of Episode 25
And that brings us to the end of today’s episode.
For me one of the major themes throughout the conversation was just about doing what feels right to you and not worrying so much about what others might think or say and do things that you know are going to be nourishing to yourself
Leave a comment and let me know what stood out for you. If you’d like to take it one step further and could take the time to write a review that would be immensely helpful.
Getting reviews is what really makes the difference to increasing the visibility of the podcast. When providers look for podcasts to highlight they go on the reviews. So if you think this is worthy of being heard by more people please go to whatever platform you listen to this on, find the button that says ‘write a review’ tap it and type away.
Thanks to those that have already taken the time to leave a review.
As always, I am so so grateful to everyone that tuned in today. There and so many things you could be doing with your time so that fact that you choose to give it to me is such an honour. Thank you.
Be sure to follow or subscribe to your favourite source so you can keep up to date with future episodes, share it with your friends in person or on social media.
Also follow on instagram @thepursuitofenhancement
If you’d like to support the show you can do so on PATREON for as little as $1.
I’m Peter Ledwidge, this is the Pursuit of Enhancement podcast and I will catch you next week..
In the mean time remember to
And smile often.
If you want to connect with me further you can find me on twitter, facebook and instagram via the icon links below.