The Pursuit of Enhancement Podcast Episode 24
Welcome to Episode 24 of The Pursuit of Enhancement Podcast.
My name is Peter Ledwidge and I am your host.
Each week I sit down to talk in-depth with guests that push the boundaries of conventional living, driven by the singular pursuit of being on an unrelenting quest to continually expand the horizons of their body, mind and spirit.
The aim is to learn more about them and from them; their story, the work they are doing, the highs, the lows, the triumphs, the heartaches and everything in between.
The hope is that these conversations might spark something within you that gives you cause for self-reflection, inspires you to embark on your own journey of self-discovery or gives you the courage to take a chance and go after your goals.
This week I’m delighted to be joined by Fin McKenna-Fox, Movement Therapist & founder of Complete Body Approach; a Movement Therapy & Lifestyle Coaching practice in Perth, WA.
His passion is helping others create change within themselves, and connect better with themselves, their environments & their relationships.
After obtaining a BSc in Sports & Exercise Rehabilitation he continued to develop his skills, improve his knowledge base and EXPLORE with his own body, working on all aspects of movement, nutrition, lifestyle, spirituality and overall well-being.
Fin is on a never-ending journey working with the beauty of the human body and is very excited to see where this journey brings him and the people that he can empower along the way.
Overcoming the issues, restrictions and limitations in his own body are the keys that have unlocked his growth & development and allowed him to help and empower so many others do the same for themselves.
To quote the man himself “If you are not aware of your own restrictions, then how can you learn to overcome them”
This week on the podcast we talk about
- His personal development and fine tuning his own journey
- Whole body movement, holistic body approach, looking at the body as a whole, not just treating the site of the injury, teaching people about the big picture and re-framing their perspective of what health and fitness is.
- Becoming your own healer and gaining the tools in order to feel empowered that you can be in control of your own health
- Changing your perspective in the pursuit of health and fitness away from the mainstream mentality of weight and aesthetics, to following what draws you and shifting your focus
- Practical steps you can take to make changes in your day to day in order to bring more movement into you day and to create changes in your body.
- Getting back to a child like approach to movement, having fun, playing and incorporating that into our lives, being the movers we are designed to be.
- Grounding, simplification, following your intuition, being intentional in who you want to be, questioning your conditioning and what you’ve been brought up to believe and asking is it serving you and follow what resonates with you.
I hope this conversation inspires you to look differently at how your body moves, feeling forward, change and move as you grow, you don’t have to have it all figured out
Connect with Fin
Website coming soon!
Gray Cook http://graycookmovement.com/
Perry Nicholson http://www.stopchasingpain.com/
Anatomy in Motion – Gary Ward https://www.findingcentre.co.uk/
End of Episode 24
And that brings us to the end of today’s episode.
Let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment. If you could take the time it would mean the world to me if you could leave a review. It is hugely beneficial in spreading the reach of the show. The best way is to go to whatever platform you listen on, scroll to the bottom, click on leave a review or write a review and then type away.
As always, I am so so grateful to everyone that tuned in today. There and so many things you could be doing with your time so that fact that you choose to give it to me is such an honour. Thank you.
Be sure to follow or subscribe to your favourite source so you can keep up to date with future episodes, share it with your friends in person or on social media.
Also follow on instagram @thepursuitofenhancement
If you’d like to support the show you can do so on PATREON for as little as $1.
I’m Peter Ledwidge, this is the Pursuit of Enhancement podcast and I will catch you next week..
In the mean time remember to
And smile often.
If you want to connect with me further you can find me on twitter, facebook and instagram via the icon links below.