The Pursuit of Enhancement Podcast Episode 21
Welcome to Episode 21 of The Pursuit of Enhancement Podcast.
My name is Peter Ledwidge and I am your host.
Each week I sit down to talk in-depth with guests that push the boundaries of conventional living, driven by the singular pursuit of being on an unrelenting quest to continually expand the horizons of their body, mind and spirit.
The aim is to learn more about them and from them; their story, the work they are doing, the highs, the lows, the triumphs, the heartaches and everything in between.
The hope is that these conversations might spark something within you that gives you cause for self-reflection, inspires you to embark on your own journey of self-discovery or gives you the courage to take a chance and go after your goals.
Dr. Carmen Atkinson
This week on the podcast is part 2 of my conversation with Dr Carmen Atkinson.
If you missed part 1 make sure you go and check that out HERE
Last week we spoke about Carmen’s ultra endurance feats, her battle with Anorexia and going on to recognise her innate talents and abilities in order to thrive as a person and human in many areas of her life.
Carmen is the epitome of what it means to be in ‘The Pursuit of Enhancement’ trying each day to be a little bit better than she was the day before. Her passion and enthusiasm is contagious, I have no doubt that her clients would feel better after a session with her if only for the experience of being in the presence of her incredible energy and vibrancy, and that’s before she conducts any treatment on them which would only heighten there wellbeing further.
This week we cover another myriad of topics and you’ll understand why I put this as 2 parts, in order to absorb all the information because there is so much good insight coming up today.
This week on the podcast we talk about
- The practice of chiropractic, how it honours the natural rhythms and flow or life, and to clarify conflicting views around it and to hear more of her passion for the wellbeing of others.
- 4 Pillars to optimising our health and potential as humans; Brain Body connection, movement, whole food plant based diet, mental health – managing stress.
- Carmen gives great advice on how to simplify the whole health journey to that you can break it down to manageable pieces
- We look at The non-physical element of physical ailments, how our emotions, or suppression of emotions can manifest as pain in the body and bringing awareness to the fact that you are more than your physical body and your emotions can contribute to your physical expression
- Getting back to natural movement patterns, modern convenience wants us to move less or constricts our movement and how we can regain that movement back again, the 4 fundamental movement patterns to incorporate.
- Training vs exercise, what it takes to be an athlete or what it means to be an athlete, everyone can be athlete, it is not your results that determine it but your approach and mindset in taking on your chosen endeavour.
- The benefits of getting a coach, When it comes to training, the difference it can make versus just going about it yourself
- While carmen has had great athletic success she couldn’t have done it without the help and support of those around her, we talk about the monumental role they play. We also discuss, for someone that perhaps is not so lucky to have a support network around them but wants to elevate themselves how they can achieve it for themselves
Throughout the conversation we also discuss energy and vibration and how every word and decision we make has a resonance that determines the outcome, good or bad, depending on their intention.
Connect with Carmen
You can find Carmen on Instagram
Or via her website
End of Episode 21
And so that brings us to the end of today’s episode.
I hope you enjoyed it, I hope there was something in there that you could take away and apply to your own situation. I think for me one of the main lessons is in relation to that energy and vibration that I spoke about in the intro, if we can make decisions and choose words that are of a better vibration it will vastly enhance our outcome and results leading to long term changes that puts us on a path to being a little bit better everyday rather than beating ourselves up over every little indiscretion.
As ever let me know in the comments your thoughts and take aways.
I am so so grateful to everyone that tuned in today. There and so many things you could be doing with your time so that fact that you choose to give it to me is such an honour. Thank you.
Be sure to follow or subscribe to your favourite source so you can keep up to date with future episodes, share it with your friends in person or on social media.
Also follow on instagram @thepursuitofenhancement
If you’d like to support the show you can do so on PATREON for as little as $1.
I’m Peter Ledwidge, this is the Pursuit of Enhancement podcast and I will catch you next week..
In the mean time remember to
And smile often.
If you want to connect with me further you can find me on twitter, facebook and instagram via the icon links below.